Pioneer programs raise awareness and funds
Participate in an event or create your own
The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center is completely funded by donations. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and appreciate your support.
The Celiac Disease Center is well known for some of the best programs for celiac disease in the country, including:
- The Gluten-Free Care Package Program, our signature program that delivers a basket of gluten-free foods and educational materials about the disease and the diet to newly diagnosed patients with celiac disease across the nation.
- The Celiac Disease Preceptorship Program, the country’s only intense hands-on celiac disease educational program specifically designed for medical professionals.
- The Celiac Disease Answer Bank, lists answers to questions related to the diet or disease.
- The Celiac Disease Research Program, which has made great strides in determining the triggers for celiac disease and continues to work on finding innovative therapeutic interventions for the disease.
- Annual Free Blood Screening, which screens more than 500 people every fall.
Annual Celiac Skate fundraiser
In February each year, an ice-skating fundraiser is held in a Chicago suburb. The event spreads awareness and raises vital funds for research and programs.
In 2011, the event raised more than $50,000 to support our work. If you are interested in participating in this event in the future or creating an event like this in your area, please contact us at 773-702-7593.
Signing up for an organized event is just one way for you to support The Celiac Disease Center. Starting your own event is another. You can walk, run, swim, bike, jump rope, or do any other activity that interests you to raise funds for celiac disease education, research, and advocacy.
If you are interested in do-it-yourself fundraising, call The Celiac Disease Center at 773-702-7593 or send us an email. We’ll be happy to help you get started.