Attend our one-of-a-kind preceptorship program
The only such program in the nation
The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center’s Preceptorship Program is an on-site, intensive, 2-day training course for medical professionals. Participants study under the direction of The Celiac Disease Center’s celiac disease experts. The course includes formal instruction as well as hands-on training. The preceptorship program requires both a selection process for the best candidates as well as a nominal donation of $500 per physician and $250 per nurse practitioner or dietitian to attend.
Since our first program in 2006, nearly 100 preceptors have graduated from our trailblazing preceptorship program.
2014 Preceptorship Program: December 4 and 5, 2014
Applications now being accepted. Please fill out the application completely. Acceptance notices will go out in early November.
1. Suspect the possibility of celiac disease in a much larger sample of patients.
2. Appropriately screen for celiac disease using the correct antibody tests.
3. Understand the steps involved in making an accurate diagnosis including proper interpretation of antibody screening, endoscopy with biopsy, and appropriate use of genetic testing.
4. Understand which conditions put individuals at increased risk for developing celiac disease and when to screen at-risk individuals.
5. Understand gluten sensitivity, including how to test for the condition as well as how to treat it.
6. Have a well-rounded understanding of the most recent celiac disease research and its prospects.
Accreditation and Credit Designation
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses and other health care professionals will receive a Certificate of Attendance. For information on applicability and acceptance, please consult your professional licensing board.