Frequently Asked Questions
What are some common ways gluten can sneak into my diet?
- In broth, like at Chinese restaurants
- Foods fried in common grease: chips/tortillas at Mexican restaurants
- Tortilla press, is the same one used for flour and corn tortillas?
- Pizza, are there dedicated areas or baking dishes?
- Imitation crab in sushi
- Food preparation in restaurants
- Communion wafers
- Lipstick, lip gloss
- Toothpaste, mouthwash, breath mints, dental treatments
- Chewing gum
- Herbal teas
- Colanders and toasters
- Rice cakes
- Barley in tea
- “Wheat-free” rye bread
- Dog food/shampoo
- Soy sauce
- Salad dressing